Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Want a Turn?

In August, Gray and I along with my parents rendezvoused in Denver with Shawn, Carrie, and their kiddos for a few days. On my list of things to do was the Butterfly Pavilion because I was sure that Gray was going to love seeing all the butterflies flying openly around him. Just when you think you know your kid, he proves you wrong. His favorite part was the exhibit with all the really large creepy and crawly things on the earth. You know - scorpions, centipedes, cockroaches, and of course spiders. He could not wait to get his chance to hold 'Rosie'. I guess he is all boy.

Gray

Judge

& Tatum

Tatum didn't let the boys show her up and held the Tarantula as well, but I didn't manage to get a shot of it. Although I did get this one of her playing in the 'honeycomb'. Isn't she beautiful?! And yes, that is my child's feet hanging down by her head - at least they aren't a strangers.

9 comments:

Angie said...

How fun to have a little get away. What a brave boy to hold that thing :) I wouldn't be in the same room.

Heidi P said...

Holy crap!! That is so huge and gross. Of course your son wants to hold it!! Oh, boys...and their interest in little creatures. Will ofen comes in with a new 'little fella' How gross for us :) But sort of cute at the same time.

Meg said...

He is all boy there is no question on that! That picture of Tatum is gorgeous.

steph said...

Leash,
Grayson is so dang cute and all boy! I would never touch that thing. How fun you got to visit Shawn,Carrie, and cute Tatum and Judge. By the way, I would love to get your address and theirs. We are blessing Easton this Sunday (the 14th) and I gave the info to your dad. Hope things are going well!

Danielle said...

tatum is gorgeous. looks like you had fun. I haven't checked blogs forever glad to know you still post every now and then.

Winn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Winn said...

I found your blog via Tyler & Aimee's blog. Hope you are doing well. Give my best to your family and your parents, Ken & Nadine.

Amanda Edwards said...

I have been thinking of you a lot lately. Please call if I can do anything. Cook, clean, laugh or cry!

Amy said...

Hey girlie! I found you on Stephanie's blog! So sad that we have lost touch with the Edwards family since my mom died! I love these blogs to keep in touch with everyone!