Monday, June 30, 2008

A New Obsession

When I was making a list of prerequisites for a suitable house back in 2003, having space in the backyard for a garden was not high on my list. Actually, it was not on my list at all. This is why for the past five summers the only thing that grew in my garden was weeds; although it did take on a second function as litter box when Dash came into the picture. That is until this year. With some help from my Mom – who has always had a love for digging in the dirt – there are finally vegetables growing in my garden! I have actually been pleasantly surprised by how much I have enjoyed it. So much so, that should I ever be on the search for another house, space in the backyard for a garden just might make my list of prerequisites. That is, after walk-in-closets, double-sink bathrooms, and vaulted ceilings.

5 comments:

Angie said...

It is always fun when we find new things to obsess over. I have found myself loving to do gardening also. Isn't it funny the things we hated to do as kids turn into things we love to do as adults.

Meg said...

A,

I think that I will get started on my list. Who know's when I may be in a house but it ca't hurt right??

When and if I do get a house I am going to need some serious advice on gardening, I kill cactus. Not looking to good for me!

Heidi P said...

Wow, thats a great garden! I love fresh veggies from your garden, they seem to taste better when you do the work, huh!? Way to go! :)

Danielle said...

guess I should have started my garden sooner because yours looks amazing...mine looks like a few little weeds peeking out their heads....pointers? first, maybe start in april..not june.

erin said...

Beautiful garden, Leash! Did you grow it from seed or starters? Does Gray stay out of it?